Meditation is an all-around comfort food for the mind, the body, and the soul. You’ve probably heard that meditation is good for your health and that you should meditate every day. Whether it’s in a yoga class I’m taking, or I see it in a Buzzfeed article on Facebook, or if I read it in a book or magazine – I’m constantly seeing that meditation is great for you! But why? Here’s why:
Why Is Meditation Good For You? Because Science. That’s Why.
Okay, not really because of science, but science has proved that meditation has both real and tangible, mental and physical benefits. Studies are everywhere! Just google them. Or don’t google it, and just listen to the knowledge I’m about to drop right here – Google will tell you the same thing, I promise. In all honesty, I love to meditate. I’m not very good at it, but meditation is a work in progress, it’s a practice, and some people won’t get the hang of it right away. But that doesn’t mean you should do it! I mean, just look at the facts. Studies show:
Physical Benefits of Meditation
- Improves the immune system
- Lowers blood pressure
- Increases production of serotonin. What’s serotonin? It’s the stuffs in the brain that can improve your mood and your behavior!
- Increases levels of energy -> inner energy = outer energy. It’s not just science. It’s math. Math always has an answer.
- It can decrease pain and inflammation. By coming to terms and increasing awareness of the self, body, and bodily functions – The mind can put pain at ease.
- Lowers anxiety and can reduce anxiety attacks
- Decreases tension based pain. Mental decompression & relaxation = physical decompression and relaxation. There’s the math again.
Mental Benefits of Meditation
- Increases your level of happiness. It’s a snowball effect. The trials in your life become smaller and insignificant. And so do the negative emotions. Cheers to happy!
- Improves your creativity – Your mind is a endless space. Explore that S.O.B.
- Promotes clarity in the mind
- Promotes peace of mind
- Problems will become smaller. Why? Because with practice, these the bigger picture will be revealed to you. You are you. You are not your problems.
- Increases your focus – makes you sharper
- Broadens your horizons – If you are alone with just you, yourself, and your mind, the thoughts and ideas will come – the mind will open. Let it.
- Increases consciousness (YES! That’s what this blog is all about! Live consciously. Let it happen!)
- Diffuses anger and frustration – Relaaaaaaaaaaaax.
All in all… I’m not going to tell you should meditate. You should tell you, that you should meditate. These facts might convince you, and if they don’t, I don’t know what will!
What I will tell you is, I love meditation. I need to practice it more often. I need to set aside more time for it. Because it’s like a mental health day from work – but instead of from work, it’s a mental health day from life. And life is one crazy erm, thing. There’s so many words I could use to describe it, but I’m trying to go with the peaceful state of mind thing here.
Love & Light! Om in Bloom.