Portland, Oregon: A Cultural Hub of Great Food, Quirky Residents, and Hip but Charming Peculiarities
Geoff and I decided to visit Portland, Oregon- a city much recommended by friends and family alike. We’ve each got an insatiable appetite, and a love for both beautiful hikes and unique neighborhoods. So when we realized Portland had all that we sought after, we picked a week, booked our tickets, and the planning began! If you know anything about me, you’ll bet that I was already busy picking the minds of my friends who have been there, scanning the internet for “must-trys” as soon as the ticket confirmation went through.
So for all of you who also love to eat great food, get your hiking boots dirty, and experience the culture of a beer-minded, eco-conscious, and anything-else-you-name-it-hubs, here’s our week-long itinerary for you to use as you wish!
Our Week Long Itinerary Guide to Portland, Oregon
- Arrive in Portland
- Eat brunch at Pine State Biscuits!
- Stumptown Coffee
- Go grocery shopping
- Check into Airbnb: Modern Micro Studio in Fo-Po
- Watch a Basketball Game at Moda Center
- Hike to the Punch Bowl Falls via the Eagle Creek Trailhead
- Eat at Lardo
- Great burgers, crispy pork belly, and savory sandwiches.
- Visit the Cartopia Food Pod
- Basically a cluster of food trucks all for your eating (or ogling) pleasure.
- Hike to the Tunnel Falls via the Eagle Creek Trailhead
- Eat at Pok Pok
- Their NYC location has received a Michelin Star in 2014 AND 2015!
- They’re known for their “Ike’s Fish Sauce Wings.” They’re delicious.
- Catch a movie at the historic Academy Theatre
- Who says no to a $4 movie ticket on a Wednesday?
- Visit Powell’s City of Books
- Tea time at the Tao of Tea
- Up your sugar intake with Voodoo Doughnuts
- Explore Old Town China Town
- Get nostalgic at a two-story arcade bar: Ground Kontrol
- Free Play Night: $5 cover, unlimited games and cheap drinks on the first Wednesday of month & second Thursday of month
Friday May 13:
- Breakfast at Tasty N Alder
- Get your thin-crust pie on at Apizza Scholls
- Catch a show at the Jupiter Hotel
- Treat yo’self with a uniquely flavored fresh ice cream from Salt & Straw
- Get fun brioche donuts at Blue Star Donuts
- Burn the calories with a brisk walk around Forest Park
- Try gyros from a street cart. Any of them.
- Feel fancy at the Noble Rot Wine Bar
Sunday May 15:
- Get educated (or just tipsy) at the Multnomah Whiskey Library
- Try the succulent brisket or prime rib at Podnah’s Pit BBQ
- Head home, safely! 🙂
Have any tips or suggestions for my next trip to Portland?
Drop me a line in the comments below. I’m all ears!