We all know what’s to come – June’s New Moon, Super Moon! So in celebration of this month’s dreamy cosmic moon phase – I’ve partnered with Anna Gregory Design to create this beautiful DIY floral wreath.
I was inspired because recently – I’ve been in a creative funk. Yet, earlier this week, I was given the opportunity to pull out a pendulum and try my hand at having it choose a flower essence for me amongst many. To my surprise, I was guided to Iris & Shasta Daisy, helping me to renew my creative expression and “mandala-ize” my life – perfect to pair with the new beginnings and refreshment of the emotional, mental, and juicy state that this month’s New Moon brings.
New Moon Floral Wreath DIY
What You’ll Need:
- Two Half Moon Wreaths of Your Choice from Anna Gregory Design
- Flowers or Herbs of Choice – I got mine at Native Poppy
- Green Floral Wire (or any other inconspicuous fastener)
- Small Pliers
- Scissors or Trimmers
- Any other decorative additions you’d like!
How to Make Your Floral Wreath
- Take out your half moon wreaths and lay them on a flat surface big enough to work within.
I chose my floor. 🙂
- Organize and trim your plants/flowers/herbs around the metal rungs on your half moon wreaths.
I’m a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to crafts, so this may or may not take you awhile to arrange the look you’d like. Take note – once we start fastening, the look does tend to change a bit, so you’ll need to play around with your design throughout.
- Pre-Cut Wire (anywhere from 2inches to 5inches depending on how heavy your stems are) so that you can fasten your herbs to the wire.
- Take a photo of your design, so that you can remember it – we’ll be disassembling a bit.
- Now that you’ve captured your original vision, it’s time to fasten.
Fasten the bottom-most bundles to the wire first. Use your pliers to tightly wrap the stems with the wire that you pre-cut.
- Next, begin adding and fastening your layers until you’re satisfied with the final product.
- Add any additions you’d like! I like to incorporate burlap, string, and other fun goodies.
- Test the weight.
Carefully hold your arrangement and lift up your half moon wreath to see if the arrangement is properly fastened. You may need to add additional wire to keep your arrangement secure.