Hi friends! If you’re like me, you’re always wishing there was more time in the day. We need more time in our busy, hectic, and crazy lives to somehow get out of bed, go to work, hang out with friends, spend time with family, walk the dog, go to the gym, and somehow fit a meal in somewhere. But where does that leave you?
We must always remember to make time for ourselves – especially our inner selves and our chakras.
Chakras are our seven main centers of spiritual energy within our bodies. Life can put you and your chakras all out of balance – causing both physical and emotional imbalance. So now it’s time to tune in, and get those chakras running smoothly.
The 7 Chakras and the Crystals You’ll Need to Work Em’
Each chakra has it’s own unique vibration – it’s own frequency. These frequencies are aligned to the unique energies of the chakras, and they express themselves in different colors.
When our chakras are all out of whack – so are these frequencies, putting us at an imbalance of both the physical and emotional. Crystals are used to balance the chakras because they have similar frequencies that can help bring our chakras back to the equilibrium they need. Imbalances are known as instabilties or blockages within the chakra.
For more in depth information on the chakras, check out my Beginner’s Chakra Guide!
1st Chakra – The Root Chakra – “I Am”
The root chakra sits at the base of your spine and corresponds with the colors red and black.
Crystals: Garnet, Hematite, Smoky Quartz
2nd Chakra – The Sacral Chakra – “I Feel”
The sacral chakra is located below the navel and corresponds with the color orange.
Crystals: Orange Calcite, Carnelian, Vanadinite
3rd Chakra – The Solar Plexus Chakra – “I Will”
The Solar Plexus is located at the solar plexus, the breastbone and corresponds with the color yellow.
Crystals: Yellow Jasper, Golden Calcite, Citrine
4th Chakra – The Heart Chakra – “I Love”
The Heart Chakra is located in the center of chest and corresponds with the colors green, and pink.
Crystals: Rose Quartz, Jade, Green Aventurine
5th Chakra – The Throat Chakra – “I Speak”
The Throat Chakra is located at the neck/throat above the collar bone and corresponds with the color blue.
Crystals: Blue Turquoise, Sodalite, Blue Calcite
6th Chakra – The Third Eye or Forehead Chakra – “I See”
The Third Eye Chakra is located at the third eye, centered above the brows and corresponds to the color indigo.
Crystals: Lapis Lazuli, Azurite, Sugilite
7th Chakra – The Crown Chakra – “I Know”
The 7th Chakra is located at the top of the head or the crown and correpsonds with the colors purple, violet, white.
Crystals: Amethyst, White Calcite, Quartz (clear, crystal)
Grounding Crystals: Black Tourmaline, Black Obsidian, Smoky Quartz, Hematite
Step by Step Guide to Balancing the Chakras
Now let’s get to the good stuff. Get your crystals, grab a yoga mat, a comfy blanket, or hell just lay on the floor and get comfortable!
- Ambiance. Set aside some time for yourself – I’d say at least 15-20 minutes where you won’t be disturbed. We’re trying to create an ambiance here! Put on some relaxing, zen music. If you’re having some trouble finding some, take a look at these Spotify playlists: SPA Treatment, Yoga & Meditation (my favorite one for getting in the zone), Lost in the Clouds. Light a candle (in a safe place, & don’t forget about it after!), lay on the deck, lay on a yoga mat, on a comfy blanket. Get comfortable. Lay down. If you’d like, spray some of your favorite essential oils in the air. Pick a candle of a scent you love. Hydrate yourself.
- Preparation. Have your crystals handy – one for each of the seven chakras. For a guide, check out the list above for some suggested crystals you can use. Tumbled or raw is fine. I prefer to use tumbled because they’re smooth, they feel nice, and rest easily on the body.
- Grounding. Lie down and set your grounding crystal. You can place this between your feet, or a few inches below your feet. Place this crystal first, and remove this crystal last.
- Crystal Placement. Place the rest of your stones right on top of the chakra the correlate with. Root crystal can be placed at the tailbone, the sacral at the pelvis, the solar plexus at the breast bone, the heart at the chest, the throat at the neck or base of neck, the third eye centered above the brow, and the crown at the top of the head, or right above you. Play around with the placing, do what feels right. Refer to the guide and photo above for some extra guidance on where the chakras sit.
- Visualize, Feel. Now is the where the magic happens. For the next 15 minutes, 30 minutes, whatever you choose, begin to be present. Visualize the chakras from the grounding crystal all the way up to the crown. Visualize the chakra, radiant in it’s color, spinning – not too fast, not too slow. Balanced, stable, without wobble. Visualize the clarity of the color, the aura of the chakra, and focus on the positive attributes of the chakra. If you aren’t much of a visual person, feel the balance, feel the problems dissolve, feel your connection with the energies. Feel any blockage as it begins to disappear and dissolve. Make the experience your own.
- Ungrounding. After your chosen amount of time – or really, when you feel at your best inner peace of this moment, complete your balancing with an act of grounding. Grounding ensures your stability, your connection to the Earth. Ending the session without grounding can leave you feeling lightheaded, dizzy. Begin to remove your crystals from the crown down. Leave the grounding crystal for 5-10 minutes, depending on how you feel – feel confident in your practice. Pick up the grounding stone when you feel comfortable. You can carry this stone with you, just in case you don’t feel quite ungrounded. 🙂
- Be present. Enjoy your time after this, feel the positive vibrations flowing through your body. Oh, and drink some water. Hydrating is always good for the soul. I hope you feel all sparkly and new and radiant – because even just writing about it, I’m getting excited for my next self-session.
Thank You – Share Your Experience With Me!
Thank you for checking out this sweet little beginners guide. I am by no means an expert, but I am always learning – and this is what works for me. Share your experience with me – new tips, fresh ideas. Let’s get the positive energy going!