My name is Colleen and this is my blog, Om in Bloom.
Based in the beautiful, no-season-always-sunny-vacation-state of California. I do marketing by day, I’m a certified Usui Reiki practitioner, an herbalism student, girlfriend, and full time puppy mama of two.
This is my humble little blog, Om in Bloom – It’s basically a little blog mostly about holistic wellness and a bit about my adventures and lifestyle.
I started this blog to show how easy it is to balance of a living consciously in a concrete world. It’s about appreciating the Earth, eating well, loving fully, and exploring anything and everything often. And it’s about following your passions. “Don’t just talk about, be about it.” (Thanks Bob Burns)
Basically, it’s about getting by and navigating this crazy little thing we call the radical inner space. You’ll see me reference this often.
A Little About Me
Remember those awkward college ice breakers? Well here’s some questions I’ve been asked, many times. I guess they really do tell a lot about the kind of person you are.
- Favorite pizza toppings: White sauce, no red sauce. Or a garlic-herb mixture instead of sauce. Philly cheese steak, onions, and mushrooms. It’s like a Philly Cheese Steak Pizza. It’s really good, I promise.
- Favorite animal(s): Whales. And Pigs.
- Favorite book: I read the Alchemist by Paulo Coelho when I was 12 and it started my passionate consciousness exploration journey. Many say it’s remedial and intermediate, but I think if it gets a youthful mind going, it’s wonderful.
- Zombie apocalypse weapon of choice: A relatively sized baseball bat. My boyfriend just got me one and I’m stoked.
- Favorite hobbies: I love dancing. All the time.
- Something I’ll never forget: I eat a lot, and when I was little, my mom in her cute little Filipino-tinged English, said “If you keep eating like that, no boys will like you. You can always get seconds. Save some for your friends.” I have to say, I found my man who is 1. my best friend and 2. appreciates my eating.
Why “Om in Bloom?”
I chose “Om in Bloom,” because I want this blog to represent a journey to living consciously, living simply, and living happily. “Om” or “Ohm” refers to the inner self, the soul, ultimate reality. To me, the title “Om in Bloom,” is the perfect precedent to a story of transforming the Om. My inner self, my soul, my ultimate reality – at least in this life and society. And for others, the same!
Living consciously is a choice and it won’t happen overnight! I am and always will be a student of life.
Any questions? Just ask. 🙂